Position Type: Full time
Location: Clark, NJ
If you are looking for a career that combines your technical skills and passion for business and become an entrepreneur that you always dreamed of, then we have a great opportunity for you. We are looking for an individual that is motivated, honest, and dependable who will represent the company in a positive and professional manner.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a hi-tech international company in the field of custom optical lens as a Sales Engineer in Clark, NJ. Our dynamic environment provides great opportunity for the individual who wants to grow, learn and attain a lifelong career in Photonics Industry. You will work with PhDs, researchers, engineers, scientists in the field of Defense, Security, Bioengineering, Pharmaceutical, Industries worldwide.
To be considered for this position you must have at least 3 years of sales experience. Fresh graduates are also welcome to apply. We do offer a Junior Sales Engineer position for the qualified individual. We offer a very rewarding team environment with a competitive benefits package and lucrative incentive program for the successful individual. This position has high earning potential with the ability to earn over $120K+ including commission and bonus after two to three years on the job.
- Ability to learn and understand client’s applications, to develop new clients and reengage former clients on purchasing new product lines.
- Must be able to discuss applications with customers and identify their application needs/requirements.
- Develop, grow and maintain client relationships with domestic and overseas customers by targeting researchers, engineers and procurement personnel to help with product development from prototyping to volume production.
- Must have at least 3 years of technical sales experience and strong interpersonal skills with ability to understand technical engineering terminology/products and discuss solutions with clients along with strong ability to close a sale.
- Must be passionate about sales and love communicating with clients, have common sense approach to sales work and possess the right attitude to bounce back from sales rejections.
- Must be willing to interact with customers through phone calls, emails, Tradeshow Events as well as face to face or conference meetings.
- Must have advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Must demonstrate sales and marketing competency and be willing to learn photonics products.
- Must have strong listening skills and be customer focused in order to understand the client’s needs and to maintain relationships with customers who influence sales decisions.
- Must have the ability to work independently or work as part of a team.
- Must be well organized and detail oriented along with the ability to multi task and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- BA/BS in an engineering or related technology field preferred with keen interest in developing own clientele base/business and earning large incentives while helping company to grow and customer to find the most cost-effective solution for their applications.
|Experience:||Three years of sales experience preferred|
|Knowledge and Skill sets:|
- Previous sales experience preferred
- Demonstrated strong time management skills
- Strong persuasive and negotiation skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be motivated, organized, driven and competitive
*** We welcome applicants from out of state who are passionate about sales and this job but we do not offer a relocation package. ***
Work Hours: 9am – 6pm, M-F
Compensation: Base plus bonus (Monthly, Quarterly, Year End), Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance.