These very small lenses are made from high index optical glass. They are precision polished to very high tolerances so that they can be mounted into complex imaging systems. These lenses are supplied uncoated.
- Plano Convex Microlens
- Biconvex Microlens
- Plano Concave Microlens
- Biconcave Microlens
Factory Standard – Contact us for manufacturing limit or custom specifications.
- Diameter: +0, -0.1mm
- Surface accuracy: λ/2 @633nm or better
- Thickness: ±0.2mm
- Centration: ±0.04mm
- Surface quality:20-10
- Bevel: 0.2mm typical
- Material: SK2; BK7 and more
- Single Microlenses are used to couple light to optical fibers. Microlens arrays are often used to increase the light collection efficiency of CCD arrays. They collect and focus light that would have otherwise fallen on to the non-sensitive areas of the CCD. Microlens arrays are also used in some digital projectors, to focus light to the active areas of the LCD used to generate the image to be projected.
- Combinations of Microlens arrays have been designed that have novel imaging properties, such as the ability to form an image at unit magnification and not inverted as is the case with conventional lenses. Microlens arrays have been developed to form compact imaging devices for applications such as photocopiers and mobile-phone cameras.
- Another application is in 3D imaging and displays.